The Globe and Mail has published their third annual ranking of Canada’s Top Growing Companies and the list of 448 businesses sprawl across sectors, from fashion to finance, and manufacture everything from medical testing devices to organic pasta.
Canada’s Top Growing Companies list aims to celebrate entrepreneurial achievement in Canada by identifying and amplifying the success of growth-minded independent businesses across the country. To make the list, eligible companies must be headquartered in Canada; be independent and for-profit; be an operating company; have been in continuous operation; and meet the minimum operating revenue.
Fintech.ca has poured over the list to uncover the gems of entrepreneurial success from the fintech space, whether they be companies that we’ve all heard of or are hearing about for the very first time.
These ten companies were responsible for a combined $500+ million in revenue last year and employ over 2,700 across Canada.
#13 – Flexiti, Toronto
- Facilitates point-of-sale loans for retail consumers
- 3-year revenue growth: 3,181% | 2020 revenue: $25-50 million | Employees: 186
#26 – Canalyst, Vancouver
- Provides modelling and research assistance to professional investors
- 3-year revenue growth: 2,223% | 2020 revenue: $2-5 million | Employees: 157
#54 – FundThrough, Toronto
- Runs a digital platform for businesses to manage invoices and cash flow
- 3-year revenue growth: 1,071% | 2020 revenue: $5-10 million | Employees: 62
#60 – Zensurance, Toronto
- Operates a technology-driven commercial insurance brokerage
- 3-year revenue growth: 979% | 2020 revenue: $2-5 million | Employees: 136
#86 – Sensibill, Toronto
- Provides expense-management solutions used in mobile and online banking
- 3-year revenue growth: 710% | 2020 revenue: $2-5 million | Employees: 66
#112 – Beanworks, Vancouver
- Automates accounts payable processes
- 3-year revenue growth: 502% | 2020 revenue: $5-10 million | Employees: 90
#114 – Paystone, London
- Provides payment, loyalty and gift card solutions to merchants
- 3-year revenue growth: 502% | 2020 revenue: $50-75 million | Employees: 140
#153 – Lightspeed, Montreal
- Provides omnichannel retail technology platforms
- 3-year revenue growth: 288% | 2020 revenue: $100-250 million | Employees: 1,500
#221 – Financeit, Toronto
- Offers point-of-sale financing for home improvement, vehicles and retail
- 3-year revenue growth: 184% | 2020 revenue: $50-75 million | Employees: 313
#266 – Borrowell, Toronto
- Provides online personal finance education and tools
- 3-year revenue growth: 137% | 2020 revenue: $5-10 million | Employees: 140
“We’ve grown tremendously over the past several years, adding diverse clients to our roster, forming new strategic partnerships while deepening existing ones, and expanding our team of talented individuals,” said Corey Gross, co-founder and CEO of Sensibill.
“This is a pivotal moment in financial services as so many alternative competitors and bigtechs vie for market share. By leveraging the Sensibill Platform and our expertise with deep customer spend data, financial services companies are empowered with real-time, actionable insights that help them personalize experiences like never before. We are proud to once again be named in the Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, as our inclusion directly reflects our efforts and impact.”
Check out the full list of 2021 winners here.